This class will be given in English!
The Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) training class is a two-day learning experience that provides students a immersion into Agile principles and the concepts and practices that define the Scrum framework. The class is presented in an interactive and collaborative format with elements of lecture, classroom discussion, exercises and simulations.
During the course, attendees will learn why such a seemingly simple process such as Scrum can have such profound effects on an organization.
What you get
- Recognition by the Scrum Alliance as a Certified ScrumMaster after passing a short certification exam
- A two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, a $100 value
- Fully paid exam fees.
- Planning Poker cards for use in estimating with your team
- Lunch, coffee, tea, fruit and cookies available both days
PMPs: This course counts for 14 Professional Development Units (PDUs).
SEUs: This course qualifies as 14 Scrum Educational Units (SEUs) towards Certified Scrum Professional (CSP).
All students must run through an e-learning module called Scrum Foundation before coming to the training. It takes 2 hours at the most. We arrange the enrolment 5-7 days upfront of the course date.
Both days are supported by use of Zoom and Google docs. Time 09.00 to 16.00.
Who should attend
The CSM course is appropriate for aspiring ScrumMasters, delivery team members, managers, project managers, and organizational team leaders seeking a deep understanding of the principles and practices of Scrum, and those seeking to be an effective Servant Leader or Scrum Master within an Agile team or organization.
Prerequisites: None, but a basic understanding of Scrum is beneficial. A review of the official Scrum Guide (http://scrumguides.org/) before the class is recommended.
- Agile Principles
- Scrum Values & Principles
- Scrum framework core elements: roles, activities, and artifacts
- The ScrumMaster, Product Owner and Development Team roles
- The Product Backlog & ordering
- The sprint
- Definition of Done and the Product Increment
- Sprint Backlog & Sprint Planning
- Daily Scrum (stand-up)
- Using Burndown Chart
- Sprint Review & Retrospective
- Scrum Master as a coach
- Scrum Master as facilitator
- Scrum Master as change agent
- Scrum Master as servant leader
- Release Planning
+ Tips and tricks from the instructor’s long experience of using Scrum in a wide variety of environments